March 5, 2018
Want to test your knowledge on one of our most popular hybrid puppies?
We’ve compiled 10 things you’d love to know about Shih Poo puppies and how their presence in your life will greatly skyrocket your happy meter!
- These Shih Poo puppies truly love to play! They can and will spend time playing with their squeaky toys, chasing balls, or playing with each other, if there’s another Shih Poo in the vicinity.
- They have a long lifespan, living to be about 12 to 15 years old.
- Shih Poos are smart, but they can be stubborn little smarties. To properly train them, you should know that they’re highly motivated by treats!
- They love laps! Shih Poo puppies are companion dogs and as we previously mentioned, they are complete cuddlers. They love people and need to be around their owners or other family members. One should never allow them to live outdoors.
- Their have soft and thick coats. While they don’t shed excessively, they require frequent grooming and trimming. Bonus – most Shih Poo puppies are partially hypoallergenic.
- They don’t need a lot of exercise, because these furry babies are already energetic enough. Playing is fine, but be careful not to overexert them, as it can be harmful to their health.
- Shih Poo puppies are bred in two variations, with the Shih Tzu being the sire and the Poodle the dam and vice versa.
- Some of the health problems that commonly affect both purebred Shih Tzus and Poodles aren’t typically present in their hybrid offspring.
- In the last two decades, Shih Poos have become a very popular hybrid breed of dogs, largely due to the Poodle’s reputation for having hypoallergenic fur.
- Shih Poos come in a wide variety of colors, such as all black, all white, cream, sable, tan, and any mix and combination.