There are few breeds that are as recognizable and loved as Pomeranian puppies are!
Pomeranians are one of the most popular small breeds of dogs. This is in part because they are extremely cute, fiercely intelligent and highly adaptive to any environment. Popular for being the star of many pet shows and pet contests, the Pom always seems wins the heart of judges and the audience for its many awesome personality traits. But that doesn’t mean that Pomeranian puppies are right for everyone! Here at PetCenter, we believe that there is always a perfect breed for every family, so do you think the Pomeranian is right for you?
Read further in the personality and quirks of Pomeranian puppies:
- Pomeranians have that lovely coat which needs regular brushing to keep it clean and healthy. They do not require shaving or grooming, but many people will have them cut down in the summer months to keep them cool. It sheds moderately, so be prepared to clean often.
- Pomeranian puppies need to train early and need a firm hand, they can be headstrong. They can master commands and will train well with positive reinforcement.
- Pomeranian puppies are alert even at a young age. Poms will bark and growl in an effort to deter intruders and alert its owners of any danger. It is a very protective breed and will do all it takes for its owners.
- It adapts really well to apartment living because it does not need a big yard to move. It can also adapt to changes in temperature so cold and warm weather will not be an issue at all.
- The Pom is not particularly active, but will still be very eager to accompany you anywhere you want to go. It can be a companion for walks, jogs or even while shopping.
- Pomeranians are harder for first-time owners, but with patience and persistence in training, you can have a very well-behaved pupper!
- Poms do not do well with children, especially if they haven’t been acclimated to their environments. We recommend exposing you Pom to all sorts of people, animals and situations.