Shih Tzu puppies for sale: That hair, that smooshed face, that curly tail…What more could you want?
The Shih Tzu is one of the most adorable breeds of puppies and may even be the breed that’s right for you. There are so many reasons why the Shih Tzu could fit seamlessly into your family and that’s why, here at PetCenter, we always have the most precious Shih Tzu puppies for sale! Want to check out pictures, just click here!
But before you purchase or adopt a Shih Tzu, find out more about this cute little breed with this special information:
- A Shih Tzu has one of the more high maintenance dog breeds when it comes to grooming. You need to keep its coat clean, healthy and trimmed. It has a flowing double coat that makes it look like its floating off the ground, if you let the hair grow to show length.
- This dog is very eager to please and is very friendly. It’s short but will stand up to a much larger dog.
- The name Shih Tzu translates to “lion dog” and this is because of its fearlessness.
- The Shih Tzu is one of the most loyal breeds. It is an extrovert and will do well with other pets.
- Despite its long hair coat, this dog sheds minimally. It is therefore recommended to owners that may have allergies.
- The Shih Tzu is intelligent but could take time to train. The key is to train it early and to continuously add more commands and perfect commands every day.
- This dog can watch over your family or property since it will bark and growl when there is an intruder.
- The Shih Tzu will be contented just to be with you and will thus work well for people living in small apartments.
- Be careful when taking this dog for a walk outside since it cannot tolerate too hot and too cold environments. Check the temperature first before taking it for a walk.